2017 SWAMC Conference Recap
Thanks for everyone who participated in our 2017 Conference! Your feedback is important to us. The responses and comments help guide us as we develop Conference ideas for next year!
To recap the conference survey feedback:
1. The opportunity to network with Southwest Alaskans, as well as the value of learning and discussing important regional issues, remains the top reason our members attend our conference.
2. Energy, Infrastructure, and Fisheries are the top issues participants want to hear about during the event.
3. We were encouraged to hear that in general this year's conference was better than previous ones in the past.
4. The main comments that were communicated in our survey were:
- To include longer breaks to provide more networking opportunities for conference participants
- More time designated to interact with or spotlight sponsors and exhibitors
- More interactive panels and activities to break up conference presentations
- Higher participation of young people from our region
New SWAMC Board Members Elected:
During the Annual Membership Meeting, there were three new SWAMC Board members elected: Mayor Frank Kelty (City of Unalaska), Assemblywoman Mary Swain (Bristol Bay Borough), and Mayor Candace Nielsen (City of Cold Bay). We will be highlighting the new Board Members and their communities in the upcoming months.