These online modules are available by invitation only to GPs in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith local government areas, until 31st December 2018.
Addiction is a chronic, relapsing condition which is difficult to treat. GPs and other primary care professionals have a key role to play in prevention, early detection and management of substance misuse and dependence.
Please join Dr Graeme Judson and Michael Walker for one or more of these on-line topics. Each video is approximately 1/2 hour in length, with recommended reading and a survey increasing the whole module to approximately 1 hour.
Six separate on-line modules on the most commonly used drugs (and alcohol) have been developed to provide up to date, evidence based information covering:
- Incidence, prevalence & history
- Pharmacology, effects & complications
- Diagnosis (continuum, screening and brief intervention)
- Intoxication withdrawal management
- Dr Graeme Judson, BHB, MBChB, Grad Dip HSc, MHSc (Hons), FAChAM
- Michael Walker, BSoc Sci, M Couns & App Psych